Sunday, September 6, 2009

Even in rain

I attended a concert this summer that was on wonderful open park grounds. Part of the theater is under cover, but then there is very popular lawn area as well.
I passed this scene as we were walking to the theater.
We had just eaten (under cover), but here you see someone who was having their meal only under cover of dripping tree branches and their umbrella.
How it actually felt to be there and how it looked is quite different.
I see romance in this scene as I am not having to directly experience it!
Then I think of what photographers have to do to get their artful shots.
We see the striking end result, never thinking that theyare
suffering heat or freezing cold, cramped waiting, bugs, scary heights,
and lord knows what all.
Artists often make the art they see more important than their comfort.

No comments: