Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Very Edge of Things



In recent months, many friends have lost family members.


I remember how it was for me when my parents died and I hope I have been at least


a little helpful to the ones I have talked to.


Why, you may say, do I have a photograph of a house that is literally hugging the very edge of the road? How does that have anything to do with this subject?


I am thinking that when one has not died themselves, but is hit hard by the loss of a person


dear to them, that is it like being on the edge of life itself.


It can be hard to get the distinction between what happened to the other person


and what is happening to them.


To be able to step back and regain one's sense of Life and one's self and then


to proceed on in the fullness of Life that one actually has and can have again


is the challenge.


To not become the effect of what happened to the other person.


No comments: