Thursday, August 12, 2010

A very hot summer.......

When I took this picture which was sometime in the last month, it was a very very hot day.
I was taking visitors to see this beautiful place and it was the only time we had to go there.
When you look at this photograph, you can't tell that it is a beastly hot day with no shade for relief.
It is hot today too.
It has been really really hot all summer this year.
Then I started thinking about the people who live in Moscow where there are toxic fumes and smog in the air from ferocious forest fires, as well as extreme summer heat.
I heard one report that it is so bad there it is like smoking 1-2 packs of cigarettes an hour.
Then I started thinking about the people in Pakistan who have had their lives and possessions washed away by heavy floods.
Then I started thinking that the heat here isn't so bad. It's only hot, it's not life-threatening because we can be in air-conditioning.
Well not everyone maybe....we had a very intense thunder and lightning storm early this morning and many of my friends and colleagues are without power and it is still HOT.
OK.
I'm good now.
Just had to rant.
And then realize that I have so very much to be thankful for.
And I am.

No comments: